Monday, April 11, 2016

Jake,
Nice science experiment. Did you eat the eggs afterwards? Why do you believe that the homemade oven cooked the egg best in the 2 hour limit? If you brought that egg to my mission it would get cooked a lot faster. Just like the missionaries! :P

Hey family and friends,
Thanks so much for the birthday wishes. Those of you who did not wish me a happy birthday are forgiven as well so don’t worry about it. I did not do much to celebrate. Tell Karen Bybee Happy Bday for me.
For my Bday I bought Great Value stuff from the states and made a lunch of mac & cheese, apple juice, and bbq sauce. I still have a few things from last year so I also lit a candle and made a wish at 11:11 at night. Hope it comes true but I can’t tell you what I wished for. Then today I found double stuff Oreos so I had to buy it. I told a few members that Friday was my birthday but in the end nothing happened but that is okay. The mission is the one time in my life that I should and can focus on others more than myself. Plus that means I avoided having my head shoved into a cake. 

I did not get the package last week but maybe tomorrow. I have to go to the Mission Office for interviews tomorrow so I can ask. 

Chile gave me a different type of birthday present. I have fleas again. The weather here in Antofagasta is very different from Arica as well. I actually feel cold here and a lot of the time it is overcast. 

It has been weird learning to manage my schedule now that I also have to make time to wash, iron, and cook. But I am doing it. My shirts are not quite as white as when the Mamita washed them but they are clean. And my diet is not as healthy as it was when I had a Mamita but I don’t go hungry. I cook quesadillas, pasta, Mac&Cheese, eggs in various forms, hamburger patties, sausage, and I bought frozen Chicken Nuggets today. Not the healthiest menu but there is variety and on the weekends we eat with members. We don’t have Mamitas that help us here because my comp and his comp before me fired the Mamita... but on the weekends we eat well. This Sunday I ate octopus so that was interesting.

My comp has about 6 months in the mission and he almost has 2 years of membership in the Church. He and his sister are the only members in their family and he had to confront a lot of challenges to come to the mission but there are some problems at home and he is considering going back. I don’t know what will happen.

I have no idea what I will talk about when I get home because I know that the talk should not be a travel itinerary and I also have no idea who should talk with me. Any ideas? I also don’t know when I will call home. When I get out of church here it will be about11am there but by the time I get to a house to call... I don’t know yet if I will call before you guys go to church or after.

The work is going well here though I still don’t know the streets or the people very well. I also don’t know how much I should trust my comp sometimes because he told me that someone was named Roja (red) but when I asked him his name was Roger... the important thing is that Roger is interested in the church and is reading the Book of Mormon but still... We have two people who might get baptized on the 30th of this month but they need to attend church more consistently. We will be working hard. I have to make use of the short time that I have left. 
I know this church is true and I have never been more sure that what I am doing right now is what God wants me to do. Love you all. God bless.
 Con amor, Elder Brock Hunter

Hey Kate,
My birthday passed by mostly unnoticed. My zone leaders called to tell me Happy Bday but that was about it. My comp Elder Aguirre completely forgot though I had mentioned it on various occasions. Oh well. My week was decent but the mission always has its challenges. And my comp is a very interesting guy. The pension (our house) is a bit better because we spent 2 hours cleaning today (though it still needs a lot more work). I am still mostly lost. But that is normal.
I gotta go now but here quick we will talk on Skype. I still need to figure out what members have computers... I might have to make the call from a ciber (an internet cafe). That would be weird...

Take care sis. God bless.
Con amor, Elder Hunter


No comments:

Post a Comment