Monday, April 6, 2015

We did not watch Conference at the Stake Center. The Stake Center itself is okay but the roads outside are filled with mud. Plus there is a military curfew and there is a ban of cars in the roads during certain hours. We watched Conference in the Chapel here. The members who could not or chose not to watch it in their homes watched it in spanish in the sacrament room while Elder Plowman and I watched it in english in the Secretary`s Office. No investigators joined us this time and we were unable to watch the Priesthood session live because of the Military Curfew.

I enjoyed several talks (though some I am waiting to read in the Liahona because the internet connection was a bit spotty). I enjoyed the Talk of Elder Russell M. Nelson. Talk about ending the conference with power!
I was in a suit, sitting in a church chair, watching a computer monitor in a closet in the secretaries office, with a notebook in my hand. Just a bit different than yours :P


It rained for about 3 days straight if memory serves. The problem is not so much that it rained a lot but that we are in a valley and all the rain from above came down upon CopiapĆ³ and the surrounding cities. Clean up efforts are estimated to take 2 to 3 months.
The computers I have had access to recently do not like my camera. The USB ports are not functioning. I need to send some pics of the new apartments we are looking at to the office but I can't. Hope that does not come back to haunt us.

This was not the funnest Easter I have ever had but I did enjoy Conference. I am glad you guys had a fun Spring Break. I am jealous of your rootbeer and jerky. Today while shopping I did find Dr. Pepper for the first time though. I bought two cans and plan to enjoy them thoroughly. So I am happy.  Now I just have to find some rootbeer...We walked to the store today in order to buy food for the first time in 2 weeks. We had to cross a mud river in one of the streets in order to reach the store. We put plastic bags over our shoes in order to cross. We had to do all that effort and that is with things MUCH better than before. The city looks like a zombie wasteland with dust in the air, everyone wearing face masks to filter out the toxins, and the roads are still just covered in mud. Because we were confined to the apartment and becuase I forgot to take my camera with me to the store today I do not yet have pictures of it all but it really was a lot. I was not affected at all. Only one family in my ward was affected by the rain and that only happened because their roof tiles were badly placed. We passed the time by reading, sleeping, and talking. We talked a lot about home and what life will be like after the mission. It was a pretty trunky week for me. After 4 days we recieved permission to watch church sponsored videos. That helped a bit. I love the film The Mount of Zion.

Thank you for your prayers. They are appreciated. The cities that were affected have recieved a lot of help from a lot of people. The youth here have been especially valiant in helping those in need.


Hearing that Cody Dawson got his mission call is amazing. He will be a great missionary though I cannot imagine him with short hair. About Sam and Matt, you mean to say that they were not ALREADY engaged? Well, good for them. It is weird to think that people from my class are going to be married...

Not a whole lot happened this week that is worth reporting. Thank you so much for the Birthday Wishes. The Chilean birthday song is a little different but your spanglish birthday song was perfect :) It is weird to think that you guys are having spring break. We got our April Showers too but we were NOT expecting them. 

Happy Birthday to Karen Bybee too. I love you all. Remember Christ in everything and enjoy this special season. Today is the real birthday of Christ (April 6th).  More important than wishing ME a Happy Birthday or giving ME gifts, what will YOU give HIM?


Love you all. I will be praying for you. God bless.
Elder Brock Hunter






No comments:

Post a Comment