Monday, May 4, 2015

Wow.... just wow. Dad is a Bishop and I am a missionary. Our family is getting awfully spiritual lately. Who are his counselors? How many people are in the ward? Are there any cute girls Dad can scout out for me for when I get back? (well it doesnt hurt to ask)

We will try to call between 8 and 9 here in Chile. Which means 5 to 6 in Utah. We will be calling late because Elder Plowman´s family has church at 1, and won't get home until 4 and they want some other people to be there I believe. (or maybe his Mom just doesn´t want to be crying in Church. I am not totallly sure) Anyway, try to be ready around 5 or 6. I will be looking for the Skype information tonight to make sure that I am ready. (We already asked a family if we can use their computers but now we have to verify that the time is okay for them as well) By the way, what time does Bishop Hunter´s Ward start? What about Homestead 1st? Which will you guys be attending regularly?

I invite you guys to start making plans now. I want to do a Temple Tour of Utah when I get home. We can plan to do it after Jake is ordained a Deacon. Then Jake and Kaitlin can do Baptisms for the Dead in each of the Temples and I can visit some temples after 2 years away from Deseret. We really are blessed in Utah to have so many temples. I may need a refresher course of how everything works. I was unable to go inside the Temple in Mexico City but I will visit the Santiago Temple right before I travel home. I wonder if a Temple Session in Spanish is very different from one in English... I guess I will find out in another year.

I am glad that the car is working again. We had our own car troubles this past weekend. We finally moved into the new house. It took all of Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with some last minute clean-up this Morning. We did not use boxes, we used plastic bags from LĂ­der (Chilean Wal-Mart). The car problems mostly involved finding trucks and members that could help us. There are vehicle restrictions here in Copiapo in order to keep the dust down. Sometimes a person was willing to help us but unable to move their truck. Anyway, Thursday was our personal items and the mission materials, Friday was some of the bigger items and food, Saturday Morning we took the fridge and stove to the new house and Saturday evening we just hauled trash out of the back yard. We did not work Sunday (well, we did organize a few things) and this morning we cleaned outside some more and cleaned the bathroom. There was a lot of clean up to do but when we gave the keys back to the owner this morning they said it looked "impecable". So I guess we did a good job. We still have to organize everything in the new house but that can wait. We need to get back to preaching and teaching. 

I will look through all the family history stuff right after I write this. Please tell Grandma Mellor, Grandma Hunter, and Debby thank you in my place. I appreciate their help.

We are able to teach Juan Carlos but then he does not come to church. Nelly comes to church but we have been unable to teach her. We have been unable to teach Diego AND he did not come to church. Some of this was our own fault because we were unable to visit them this past weekend but this week they will have no excuse.

It is a little cold now but I am fine. It is cold at night, sometimes in the morning if it is cloudy. Otherwise it is still hot. It is almost as bi-polar as Utah. We have plenty of blankets. I just have to find where we put them after the move...

Thanks for everything. I love you guys. I love all of you. Not just Mom, Not just Dad, but all of you. Stay well and I will talk to you soon. Hopefully with a better wifi connection this time.
Con mucho amor, Elder Hunter

Jake
I wonder, were they just waiting for me to leave to make Dad a Bishop? Was I too much of a handful that he could not be Bishop and handle me at the same time? I hope you help Dad with his new calling. He will be very busy and a lot of the time he will be tired and stressed so you need to help him out.

Let´s make a deal Jake. You work hard back in Enoch, I will work hard here in Chile, and when I get home we will go visit the Payson Temple together. You can show me this awesome baptismal font. And I hope Hayden has a good memory so he can show me what Uncle Neldon built when I get there.

Take care Jake. Stay awesome and work hard. School is not over yet. Love ya.
Elder Hunter

Kate
OH MY GOODNESS. I nearly forgot about May the Fourth be with you. The Mission has made me a terrible nerd. At least now I can celebrate Revenge of the Fifth. Can you look up what is going on with the new Star Wars movie? I obviously wont be watching it for a while but I would like to know what it is about.

And Kaitlin, you must think of the benefits. It is the Young Single Adult Ward. Dad will know everything about all the datable singles in Cedar City. And it will be much easier to take your tithing slip to the bishop. And you can use the Church whenever you want. (on the other hand can you look at the admission requirements of UofU for me?) Just kidding but it will be interesting.

Keep working. Things are getting a bit crazy here in Chile but it is not the end of the world just yet. We are not affected by the volcano. We are much farther north. We are waiting for a giant earthquake though.

Love ya sis. Take care.
Elder Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment