Tuesday, July 21, 2015

This has been an interesting week, as you can probably tell because I am writing on a Tuesday and not a Monday. Tell your heart that it can calm down because I am not dead. (and I am very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very sorry that I did not tell you earlier that I would not write on Monday. SO sorry)
First of all I want to say that I am glad that you are all doing well and I hope that this next week will be a little less stressful for you all. I am especially happy to hear that Grandpa Mellor is doing better and that Cody Dawson gave his farewell talk.
I am a bit short on time so I will try to summarize my week. We had cambios this last Monday but the Zone Leaders had gone up to the mountains to touch the snow that had fallen the night before. The problem is that the trip took longer than they had planned and they were not able to get the bus tickets on time so they called me and had me do it. It was simple enough to do but the Missionary who was with the Zone Leaders and had to go to a new sector just BARELY made it in time. Then on Tuesday Elder Malan arrived from Arica after a 24 hour bus ride. He is the same Elder Malan that lived with me in my first sector and now we are in the same Branch but in two different houses.  Wednesdaywe had Correlation Meeting with the Ward Mission Leader and we decided to do one large well planned activity each month in order to encourage investigators and less active members to come to church. Thursday we visited some less active members that we did not know before. Friday we worked hard to find new investigators but we just knocked on a lot of doors. I did hear a spanish version of Teenage Dancing Queen though. Saturday we worked with the Branch President to get a plan and support from the Branch Council for the activities we had planned. Sunday I played the piano in Sacrament Meeting because Elder Malan can direct the music.
Then we get to Monday. We had a conference with Elder Jorge F. Zeballos of the Seventy. He spoke during the last General Conference. The conference was in Copiapo so we had to travel there early in the morning. Our bus was supposed to leave at 6 50 but it left at 8 15... we were just a little stressed when the bus did not come. The conference itself was very spiritual and I took a lot of notes. I was also able to see several missionaries that I have known from all over the mission. The only sad part is that I was not able to visit anyone in my old ward even though I was right there in Copiapo. I did write several letters though and gave them to the new Missionaries that are in that ward. We finally got back to Vallenar at 9 at night. We were denied the opportunity to see "el desierto florido" on the way there because of thick fog and on the way back because it was dark. But what can you do?
Today we went to a place called Jilgaro. It is found just outside of Vallenar and you have to hike to get up there. It is super green with waterfalls and everything! It does not look like anything else I have seen here in the mission. It was so cool. Plus we cooked "choripanes" while we were up there. 
Tell Aunt Greta Happy Birthday for me and tell Bailey that I dont believe it and she must be lying (12).  Why have the Callahans come by to visit so much not that I am gone? I guess I understand who they REALLY like in the Hunter Family (total sarcasm).
Lots of walking and yes it is cold. I am fairly certain that my jersey is a fake but I had to buy one after Chile won the Copa America. SO theres that. The area has been a bit slow lately actually. We have some good references to visit people but we cannot find them in their houses.
I have not eaten anything strange recently. Just food. (actually, I have eaten a lot of jello with fruit in it and this one corn cobbler thing that nearly made me puke. I love the Hermana that made it for us but it was just bad...)
Anyway, tell Jake and Sydnie thanks for me, teach them how to spell in english and I will help them in spanish. 

To end this letter I just want to wish you all a very happy Pioneer Day and let you know that I love you all. Take care and God bless.
Elder Brock Hunter





















































No comments:

Post a Comment