Monday, January 25, 2016

Dear family,
Manda saludos a mis abuelos y dígales que les quiero mucho.
(Sends greetings to my grandparents and tell them that I love them.)

So turns out that we still can't go to Lago Chungara. If I leave this cambio then I might just leave without visiting it. I hope to stay just one more cambio but that is a selfish desire in the end. The important thing is that I go where the Lord needs me and that I am prepared to do what he needs me to do. We  are also working a lot better with our Mission Leader so now we can just meet with him and then he goes to consejo de barrio. The new elders quorum president is a bit stressed but working hard. Daniela... my comp says she is playing "hard to get" or in this case "hard to baptize".  And tell Dad that quoting a movie is even better if you watch it as a ward activity first (referring to the Princess Bride marriage quote)

So on Monday we went to a Family Home Evening and the members wanted us to make "Gringo postres" so we made s´mores. They were delicious. We also played a flour tower game where if you topple the tower you have to search for the coin with your face. Interesting night to be sure. Then we had a worldwide missionary training this week. It was... interesting. Not what I expected but I did learn some stuff that I want to apply. On Wednesday we had Ward Movie Night. We got a ton of kids involved and several of them were not members. They watched the Minions. We could not watch but we helped serve popcorn and soda. Then on Thursday they had sports night. There was zumba, volleyball, ping-pong, and painting (for the little kids).

Then on Saturday I had an interesting day. A less active member gave us non-alcoholic beer (it was utterly disgusting) and then I went to do two baptismal interviews. They were two young sisters (one was 12 and the other 10) but they really wanted to be baptized. They have been attending for about 6 months already with their parents. For some legal problems the parents can't get baptized just yet but they are working on it. 

Then this Sunday we finally saw Emmanuel again. He will not be coming back to live with his aunt but the Bishop worked out a deal that Emmanuel can come to church with us until we get his new ward involved. I saw Mario bless the sacrament and then Emmanuel passed it. Then in the afternoon they ordained four of the six new ward missionaries. I hope that I can do something more here before I go to a new sector.

I love you guys. Stay well, work hard, and God bless.
Con amor, Elder Hunter

Dear Jake,

¿Por que Jake tiene un burro (the walker)? ¿Él es abuelito ya? Y mas ensima, ¿dónde esta ese lugar para que puedan "ice skate." (I dont know how to say ice skating. Not exactly a common sport here)

That Jake does a donkey (the walker)? Is he abuelito already? And more Ensim, are where this place so they can "ice skate."? (I dont know how to say ice skating. Not exactly a common sport here)

Dear Kate,
Sounds like you are getting into a good program. Just remember, if things get hard, you asked for it :P That is what I always told myself about SUCCESS. It was not the easy way but I feel it was worth it. Keep working hard.

The work was a bit rough this week. Everyone likes to travel for summer and this week we also had caranaval. (Look it up- Carnaval Andino con la Fuerza del Sol  Arica Chile 2016. LOTS of dancing but we did not get to see it...) We do have people that are progessing though. Right now Daniela is the only one coming to church but we managed to help Alberto understand that he needs to read the Book of Mormon and Lorena read all the pamphlets we left her.

It. Is. Hot. Always.

Today we went exploring and I found the place that is officially my favorite from the mission. We visited a Hummingbird Sanctuary and everything was green, lots of flowers, there were streams, there were lots of birds (chickens, peacocks, hummingbirds, pigeons,parakeets, parrots, ect) and we even found sheep and pigs. And of course there were dogs (just like everywhere else in Chile) but THEN MY CAMERA DIED! I still managed to take a lot of pics but I wanted to take more! Then we passed by the mummy museum because my comp and the other missionaries had never been but they blazed through it. They took a few pics but for the most part read nothing about the exhibits. Well, that is their decision but I felt like I wasted 2 mil because I had to stay with my comp. Then we ate at a restraunt called Roly´s which is very good but also expensive. They give you a ton of food. Then we went looking for a fan but we could not find one cheap. And now I am writing you guys. Later, I have to work.

I never got the packages, I dont know about taller but I am about 15 pounds heavier supposedly. My tan really is not that bad because I always rotate between short and long sleeve. And I basically just talk spanglish now. Same for thinking and my personal prayers. We will see what happens when I get home.

In response to Kate's PS- to the best of your ability...please try not to bring fleas home with you!!!!!

I will pray that all goes well in your competition. And I will also do my very best to fulfil your wish of bringing you an authentic chilean flea that can stay in your bed and be your "pet". 


Take care sis. Con amor, Elder Hunter

S'mores




Flour Tower





Hummingbird Sanctuary





















No comments:

Post a Comment