Monday, March 21, 2016



Dear family,
I am doing well, just a little crispy because the heat does not want to let up. At night it is finally starting to cool down at least. We had 4 investigators at church yesterday. Three of them were children but still. We are seeing some good things by working with the Easter Initiative though. Semana Santa y la Pascua de la Resurrección are important in Latin American Culture.

I will try to send some pics using my comps camera but he has to finish with his stuff first... I will see if I can buy a card reader in my next sector. This Saturday I should find out in what sector I end my mission. At least, I don’t think they will leave me in Arica for 7 months.

We had Zone conference on Wednesday with the Mission President and he spent a good while just reviewing all the things he had taught during his time here. I had heard most of it the first time but it was a good meeting. Hermana Dalton, his wife, shared a powerful testimony about the need to help these people obtain eternal families. She is the only convert in her family...

Not much else this week. We shared with a lot of people but we are still working to help them progress and keep their commitments of reading and praying and attending church. The usual missionary problems.

I pray that everyone will have a great Easter and that everyone is ready for General Conference in 2 weeks. (The last General Conference of the mission is supposedly the most important because it will have guidance for my life when I get home. I wonder if they will talk about marriage o.0) Love you guys. See you soon.
Con amor, Elder Brock Hunter


Time is moving far too quickly for me. This Saturday they should call me to tell me in what sector I will end the mission. Hopefully you guys can organize everything you need to finish. I have recognized just how much a parent sacrifices to be with their kids and support them. I don’t know how I am going to do that someday but I wanted to say thank you for all the sacrifices you have made for me over the years. I have been far from the perfect son and I recognize that. Still, you were there to help me along the way. Thanks dad.

I am glad you guys had a fun weekend. I recognize a bit better now all the sacrifices people make to fulfil their callings and especially the calling of Bishop. I will see if I can help a bit when I get home but it sounds like you guys are doing well. I did not even know that the Simpson family were investigators the first time we went to visit them... but hey. I am glad the missionaries over there are working hard. I am interested to see how the work is different in Utah.

Enjoy Holy Week and Easter. I invite you to visit followhim.mormon.org if you have not already. I really like the video of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  Take care Dad. Love you.
Elder Brock Hunter
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif



This week was interesting because Chileans remember God just a little more around Easter time. We hope to see a lot of people in Church next week. The investigators are there. Stubborn. They dont want to read and pray (though some new people we recently met seem really receptive. we have to pass by them again)
Happy Easter sis.
Con amor, Elder Hunter












Chilean Grapes

Taste of home


Elder Carter

Chocolate Milk




No comments:

Post a Comment