Monday, May 16, 2016

Hey family and friends,

I have a few more details about my comp now. But just a few. Elder Jeffery Herrera is from Santander, Colombia but has lived in Santiago, Chile for the past 7 years. He has 16 months in the mission. He has basically been raised in the gospel. His parents met the missionaries in Colombia. His Dad is a carpenter. There are 5 kids in his family but he is the youngest. His siblings served missions in Colombia but he is the first to serve here in Chile. He likes soccer, Pokemon, and baptizing. 

This week we had Stake Conference and we managed to take Lucas and Roger. Roger is preparing to be baptized at the end of the month and Lucas for the week after. Several families have asked "Where have you guys been?" They missed us. But now we are back in the swing of things (though I have gotten us lost a few times) 
Lucas is a very cunning kid though. He got one of the young women in the ward to close her eyes and he ran his finger over her lips. He then stole her lipstick and put a bit on his lower lip so that when he told her to open her eyes she thought that he had kissed her. Then she really did kiss him. We are going to have to keep our eyes on him better during the ward activities but he does want to get baptized and we even have support from his mom. 

This week the ward had an activity of Master Chef. There were some really good dishes and they also gave out roses to all the adult women there as a late Mother’s Day. By the way, Happy Late Mother’s Day to all the women reading this letter. I truly believe that my grandparents have been in the hospital more in the past 2 years than in the 18 years before that combined. I will have Grandma in my prayers.

I am glad that Kaitlin is a blonde again. The pics were freaking me out. I don’t know if you guys are more excited for school to end or for me to get home. I believe Kaitlin at least is happier that she will graduate. 

I am in a struggle to stay focused. Sometimes I do well, then someone asks me how much time I have in the mission and then they say "no le falta nada. Debe estar muy animado por volver a ver su familia." (You have to be very encouraged by to see his family again).  Of course I am but I DONT WANT TO THINK ABOUT THAT RIGHT NOW! Oh well. Así es. (Such is life).   Hope that all goes well at home. I will focus on the mission for now. God bless. See you soon.

Con amor, Elder Hunter


No comments:

Post a Comment