Monday, May 30, 2016

Dear Family,

I would invite every youth to prepare to serve a mission. Ending a mission is not as fun though. I have spent 2 Pdays in a row doing paperwork so that I can leave the country legally. And most of it is sitting or standing in a line for a few hours so that they can stamp one paper and say "Now take this to the other office and get another paper." Not how I like to spend my Pdays.

This week we have had quite a few lessons but we only report lessons with members so our numbers don’t look very good right now. But we did have a baptism. Roger got baptized after several difficulties. His mom dislocated her shoulder and he was in the hospital with her right before his baptism and we did not have water pressure in the chapel to fill the font. We even got out the fire hose to try and fill the font but there was no water (if there was a fire we were all going to burn). We were going around the chapel with the Bishop trying to figure out where the main water system was. We finally got it to work but the font was not as full as normal. Then I had to repeat the baptism 3 times because the first time his foot came up, then his forehead stuck out (I was focused on his feet), and finally on the third try I pushed him down far into the water and he was born again. Then the member who was doing his confirmation said his name wrong...like five times.... but he is now a member of the Church of Jesus Christ. I managed to upload pics to Onedrive today so you can see him.

We are still not sure what we are going to do with the new pension but they kick us out in 2 days... I will let you guys know when I do. And we do not have a Mamita for the same reason, we don’t know where we will be.

School is out for you guys. So weird to think about. I have heard from returned missionaries that after about a week the hype wears off in your family and after a month it wears off in your ward so I will have to adapt to normal life quickly. Time is passing really, really quickly for me (unless we don’t get into houses and we are just walking. THOSE hours are so slow a turtle could beat them).

I am working to have at least one more baptism before I get home. We will see how it goes. Take care, enjoy your "vacations", and God bless. Con mucho amor, Elder Brock Hunter







No comments:

Post a Comment